Friday, May 2, 2008

Frosty and Fries Please...

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted! It's been busy, busy, busy here Casa Debbie. I've been busy doing some handpiecing and haven't had time for much of anything else. Why, you ask? Well, a certain sweet little dollie has been longing for a quilt of her own. And how could you resist this face!


I mean really! She seems to like her comfy spot on the bed but it has been getting a bit chilly at night and the big quilts just smother her. So...what to do? Make a little quilt of course! And that's what I've been doing for the last week - it still needs to be quilted but here is the top, entirely hand pieced, measuring about 17 x 19.


She seems to like it, don't you think? She tells me polka dots are her favorite.



Okay, I know what you are thinking. So what does this have to do with a Frosty and Fries??? Well, that's the name of the quilt!

Huh? Okay, to try to make a long story short... For those who have never heard of the chain of fast food restaurants known as Wendy's, they have a dessert that is like a really thick milkshake, called a Frosty. You really do need a spoon to eat it. One of my very favorite guilty pleasures is to have a small Frosty with french fries - you dip the fry in the Frosty and eat them together...yummy! May sound strange I know but it's a great combination of sweet and salty. As for how the quilt came to be so named it is because Sweetie and I were having a conversation one evening about sweet and salty flavors and how well they worked together. He has never enjoyed a Frosty and Fries!!! Poor boy has lived a deprived life. Needless to say we will be enjoying one soon. Anyway, as I was working on this little top during that conversation we began to joke that this quilt would be called "Frosty and Fries" and so it is...

2 comments:

Amanda said...

What a pretty little quilt. We don't have Wendy's here in the UK - yet - but I don't get the idea of Frosty and Fries. Mind you, Americans eat peanut butter and jelly too don't they? Well, I guess we like to eat cheese with apple pie so your frosty and fries might just work.

Zegi said...

My mom taught me the frosty and fries trick some time ago...you know what else is really good? Potato chips dipped in chocolate. Yum. The quilt is darling! the tumbler shapes are a bit like a cup and a french fry box...