Tuesday, January 8, 2008

It's been a few days since I've posted. I really wanted to include an update on the mystery quilt but I haven't been able to get to my machine to do more piecing! I've had to do some moving and shifting around the house and I can't even get to the sewing machine for storage boxes right now. Bummer...

So, I have cut more strips and pieces for the mystery and I've been doing some hand piecing. I've been piecing on a circle block from a pattern that I modified (shrunk in size). I can't remember where I saw the pattern but remember that it was much larger and was designed to show off the designer's fabric line. I didn't want a quilt that was just one huge circle so I reduced the size and am using mostly 19th century reproduction fabrics. I just love handpiecing circles...call me crazy but it's fun! The blocks are about 10.5 inches and I think I'll only do about 12 blocks then a couple of fairly wide borders but who knows! Here is a picture of a few of the blocks put together.



Update on the missing Baby Jane blocks ... still missing! One of the reasons for shifting storage is to find these little babies, they are lurking around here somewhere.

3 comments:

Zegi said...

I love the circles! Very cute, and I like hand-piecing circles, too. :)

Melinda said...

Weren't you making a batik blooming nine patch a few years ago? Did you ever finish it? The circles are great!

Nancy said...

I really like those circles - never tried that. Can you describe the pattern or the process. The meeting points would be the problem for me!

I've been playing this morning with my signature after seeing yours - so thanks for another great idea!