Monday, February 11, 2008

Woof Woof!

These are the two days of the year when my kitties disown me. It's Westminster! I just love watching the Westminster Kennel Club dog show from Madison Square Garden in New York. Shhh...don't tell the kitties but I love dogs. We had dogs when I was growing up, any cats around were barn cats and not ones for cuddling. I always had a puppy, usually of some indeterminant breed but we did once have a purebred beagle and my last dog was a purebred chow. Her name was Cinnamon and she was beautiful. (What is it with me and food names for my pets???)

Anyway, since I can't have a dog now I must settle with watching all the beautiful breeds at Westminster. Someday I'll have my dream country farmhouse with plenty of room for the kitties and a pup or two...and a front porch swing and all the time in the world just to quilt!

And speaking of quilting, updates on the Carolina Crossroads and Scrappy Bargello - the third panel of the bargello is almost done and the strips for the last panel are being pieced. In between piecing those strips I'm also working on the CC as a leader/ender project. It is slow going but I will get there. The plan is to have the top done before the next mystery begins in April.

When I've been bored with those two I've also been using up a Jelly Roll from my stash - Victorian Decadence by April Cornell, has been pieced into a Boxed Squares top. I just need to add borders and can't decide on what colors to use. I think perhaps the very pale yellow and deep purple for the last border. What do you think? Here is a picture (too dark! I need to work on this photography thing!)



Woof!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Debbie,

I never thought purple and yellow would fit nicely as you did! This is just a cute quilt. Purple was not my color but I better start looking into it!! Thanks!