Sunday, August 23, 2009

Back again???

Hmph...so much for being back in April! I should probably not mention illnesses as they seem to proliferate just when I think we are settling down again.

Oh well, let's try this again. I've been doing some quilting this summer. Not as much as I would like but I will have pictures of my accomplishments soon.

Recently I've also picked up knitting. I had always had trouble with knitting, I just wasn't fast enough. You see, my other grandma (my non-quilting grandma) taught me how to crochet when I was about 10 and I've always been a lot faster with crochet. I would get so frustrated when I tried to knit. My mother knit, she used to make us the cutest booties every winter, kept my toesies nice a warm! But she couldn't crochet so we were even. However, over the last years I've noted the upswing in knitting and loved the cute scarves/socks/sweaters I was seeing others make. Sooooo, I bought a set of needles and some cotton yarn and checked out You Tube knitting instruction videos and away I went. I now have one cute little dishcloth and the makings of a larger dish towel. I've also done quite a bit of crochet in between as well. Making more dish clothes and towels in crochet. It's been fun, mindless, stress-relieving. And of course, all those pretty yarns!!!

Oh well, perhaps I'll win the lottery and be able to retire and then I can quilt, crochet, knit...to my hearts content.

Hey, does anyone know how to make lace...bobbin lace in particular? That's another thing I've always wanted to learn how to do!!!

eeeekkk...stop me before i go crazy!

No comments: